How to Remove Chrome Redirect Virus? Clean Google Chrome
If you're Chrome browser redirects you to other websites, then it is infected with a redirect virus, in this article, you will know how to remove the chrome, redirect viruses.
When there is a redirect virus infection, your browser redirects you to unknown websites without your concern, it gets triggered when you click anywhere, opens a new tab, or after a specific time interval. Such kind of virus infections usually are found on the websites you are browsing, although if you have adware, highjacker or malicious ext infection, the Chrome browser itself starts redirecting you. Follow the steps in the article to remove this infection.
Step one, remove potentially unwanted programs.
In the first step, you need to remove unwanted programs from your computer to remove the pups,
- click on Start and type control panel,
- click on it to open. Now click on Uninstall a program.
- Under the programs category, you will see the list of all installed programs on your PC.
Now carefully observe every program and remove the suspicious ones, you should uninstall the programs that you don't use or don't remember installing to remove them, select the program and click on Uninstall Change Button, then follow the instructions to remove it.
Step to remove suspicious Chrome extensions.
In this step, you need to remove the suspicious extensions from the Chrome on Chrome browser,
- open the menu, hover the mouse over more tools,
- now click on extensions. Now you will see the list of all extensions on a new page.
- Now carefully observe each extension and remove the ones that you don't need or don't remember installing to remove them,
- click, remove button and then confirm your action. Step three, reset Google Chrome.
Reset the Chrome
By now, your browser should not have a redirect virus if you are still facing the redirection issue, then you can reset the Chrome to reset the browser
- click menu, then settings.
- Now scroll down and click on Advanced,
- then scroll down again and click on Restore settings to their original default.
- Now Chrome will display a warning about the items that it will remove and the items it won't now confirm your action by clicking on reset settings.
Step four, scan with anti malware.
Scanning with an anti-malware is necessary, you can remove the settings that are causing the redirection, but a hidden malware could revert those settings again to completely remove the redirect virus scan with an anti-malware such as malware, FOX malware, FOX scans your PC and removes threats like adware, highjacker pops, spyware and Trojans.
- Download malware fox.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions to install it.
- Now press the scan button and let it scan your whole PC.
It won't take much time and you can do your other work while the scan is going on. Once the scan gets completed, click on the Next button to remove the detected threats. Keep its real-time protection enabled so that your PC could stay away from different kinds of malware. Like this video and subscribe to our channel if you want to receive alerts for videos related to computer security, press the bell button.